Montag, Januar 14, 2013

Pomegranate; (Punica granatum)...


this is my second pomegranate in my life and i love it! It taste very sweet and bristling and cracking in my mouth. It's very rich in vitamin C, calcium, potassium and iron.

When you open the fruit by knife cut it in half and break it to open, separate the seed casings from the peel and internal white pulp membranes. I tell you, do it in a sink or a bowl with water, then the red juice is going everywhere!! I just put some on my white kitchen curtains..grrr. 

I have read, if you freeze the entire fruit it makes it easier to separate the seeds. I just took them out with a spoon from the room temperature fruit. It takes me a long time, so don't try to eat the fruit when you are in a hurry, especially in the mornings. For that i cut mine tonight, refrigerate it over night and eat it tomorrow in my oatmeal with apple and skim milk. 

*Good night everyone*



oatmeal, apples and pomegranate seeds

Keine Kommentare:

Vielleicht mags Du auch das noch lesen?